DJ Dave R
Welcome, and thanks for checking out my page! My name is Dave, and I am the band director for Mighty Groove. I am originally from Chicago and Los Angeles, but moved to Boston to study tromone in 2003. After playing trombone in many different bands, including my own band, I decided to venture into DJing, where I can combine my love for music of all genres with the highest quality of social interaction there is!
1. My expertise and experience working as an entertainer.
2. My experience planning events.
1. Professional sound equipment for a room up to 300 people (Contact me for specific info about the gear).
2. Microphones for speeches.
3. Lighting for the dance floor.
I Do Require:
1. A contract for the event.
2. The ability to reach you by phone when needed (I am not a huge fan of email, though I do try to respond within 24 hours).
3. You to be open and honest about your event & your expectations of me.
If you are not satisfied, I will refund part of, or all of my fee (except for travel).
- I found DJ Dave on The Knot, and am SO glad I did! He and his assistant were incredibly prompt and professional in all correspondence we had leading up to the event- a must have when planning a wedding out-of-state. We could tell that Dave truly cared about the vibe the WE (not he) wanted for our wedding, and was great in being flexible with our requests. He was a GREAT MC- he kept things moving and kept the music lively, which is exactly what we wanted. We were able to create and send our own playlist to him, and he took care of mixing it. His price was very reasonable, too. Many of our guests told us that the music was their favorite portion of the reception! Many thanks, Dave! - Verified Review from TheKnot.com - posted 8/5/2014
- Dave was professional, organized, all around good find. After going through a couple phone interviews with some DJs (and one who flaked out on me last minute), Dave really pulled through. He listens to what you like, read the crowd well, and kept EVERYONE on the dance floor until the last minute. All my guests raved about the DJ and I will be recommending him to all my friends. Saying he was amazing does not do justice. I felt very comfortable hiring him, and just leaving all the details to him. He made me feel very secure about hiring him as a professional. Being able to trust someone on your wedding day, and not having to manage anything, says a lot. You have enough to worry about that day. My husband and I still talk about how great of a find he was. I'm so thankful! Our wedding was 8/2/2014. High season, hard to find vendors, I think we just got lucky! - Verified Review from TheKnot.com - posted 8/11/2014
- DJ Dave was our wedding DJ for a daytime Saturday wedding. We were worried that the dance floor would be totally empty due to the time of day, but 20-50% of our guests or more were dancing throughout the wedding reception. He did a great job with announcements and was intuitive about where to start and stop music. The comprehensive form he sent us before the wedding gave us the chance to set the tone, and he did a great job of building on the tiny hint of vision that we gave him. He was also nice, professional, and friendly - just what a frazzled bride needs in a vendor. I highly recommend DJ Dave Roth. - Verified Review from TheKnot.com - posted 5/4/2014
- Great overall experience. Pre party Dave was easy to communicate with and during the party he was terrific. I'd definitely recommend him. - Jay, 8/24/13
- Amazing DJ service! I must say that our wedding entertainment was phenomenal. Our DJ, Dave Roth did a tremendous job of playing all of our requested songs on queue, engaged the crowd, made everyone very comfortable and dancing the night away. I don't have enough nice words to say about our DJ, other than he truly helped make OUR day that much more special. Laura -- posted on the Knot 9/18/2012
- From the first, Dave impressed us with us professionalism and organization. He provided us with helpful suggestions and checked in periodically to let us know that he was on top of things. On the day of the event, we couldn't have been more pleased. Not only was he punctual, be he was unintrusive and stuck with our play list. He also had amazing energy, which had everyone on the dance floor the entire evening. Literally every person commented on how fantastic he was! We want to have another party just to have him here again...He's the best! - Susie - 8/18/12
- Dave dj'ed my moms suprise 50th birthday party. He arrived hours before the party to set up, he was very professional, he stayed much later than asked, and played everything we had requested. I would absolutely use Dave again in the future and reccomend him to anyone who is looking for a DJ. He is extremely reasonable and gave us exactly what we wanted and more. Thank you Dave! -- Katie D, Scituate, MA 8/17/12
- Dave was great at bringing in all our requests and keeping it going. He took "on-the-spot" requests as well. We had a great time and would definitely recommend DJ Dave. He was a true professional....we would love to have him back again! :) -- Mary O, Gloucester, MA, 7/28/2012
- David Roth did a great job, I gave him a list of what I wanted played and he stuck to it well, he was nice, dressed professionally and there were no problems. I'd recommend him to anyone. -- Jessica J, Monponsett, MA, Wedding, 8/11/2012
- Dave was very helpful and nice. He was able to handle my requests for obscure songs. He maintained contact with me throughout the planning process. At the party, he played requests from the guests, asked for my input on the sound level and was very professional. I told him that I preferred a low-key approach and he was very accommodating. His equipment had a good sound. I was very happy with his work; I would hire him again and I would recommend him to others. -- Cynthia H, Providence, RI, 12/10/2011
- Dave was a great DJ! He accommodated all of my requests, and did a great job with the surprise party I organized. I would highly recommend him to anyone. -- Liz O, Providence, RI, 4/27/2012
- Dave was great. He played to the crowd and was so helpful with making announcments, He was very professional and personable. I would highly recommend him -- Dianna F, Winthrop, MA, 6/23/2012
- Thanks for making our wedding party so much fun. People had a great time and really enjoyed the music so kudos to you! -- Monet, Watertown, MA, 10/5/12
- Dave was great. All the guests enjoyed the music selection. -- Cynthia H, Cape Cod, MA, 7/7/2012
- [Dave] DJed a big Halloween house party I went to last weekend. Definitely made the party, had a bunch of light effects, great music selection, and went strong until 3am! Wouldn't have been the same party without it. I would definitely recommend them. -- John B, Jamaica Plain, MA, 10/30/2011
- We found DJ Dave Roth and I am so thankful we did! Dave sent us a very professional response to our add and quoted us a very reasonable price for 5 hours of work. He met with us to discuss music and style and was always responsive to our emails. He was fun and polite, and listened to us and played music exactly how we'd asked. He found songs that fit the exact style we were going for. He dressed professionally, and for the most part stayed out of the way (which is what we wanted). He made announcements when we asked him to, but kept his equipment limited because we didn't want a gigantic DJ display with a loud overbearing DJ. Dave surpassed our expectations and we ended up tipping him the same amount he charged us because he was that good. I highly recomment DJ Dave Roth, with Mighty Groove. -- Shannon H, Sharon, MA Wedding, 3/18/2012